Here’s what the judges had to say:
- The Group has cleared a significant area of invasive rhododendrons which had previously outcompeted other plant varieties. This has allowed oaks, hawthorn, rowan etc to self-seed and grow and has created an environment for planting of new species of tree appropriate for this mixed woodland.
- A number of litter picks have taken place with the Brownies and Scouts which have cleared debris which has accumulated over the years.
- The Group has participated in the Borough wide tree survey.
- The Group is successful at maintaining and recruiting an effective membership using a number of methods from village fetes to social media.
- The Group formulate their future work via the creation of a biodiversity action plan in partnership with other agencies.